USA Grants Banner

I need help for double-wide home improvements.

asked 2016-06-24 13:10:58 -0800

Elen gravatar image

updated 2016-07-04 11:12:14 -0800

Terry gravatar image

I bought my double-wide in 2000. I am disabled and live alone since paying off my home after neck surgery in 2012. I was on disability since 1992 for bipolar disorder and fibromyalgia. The "so called" surgeon was supposed to scrape arthritis from my disk in 2012. He cut the back of my neck, cutting so deep, he ruined my neck and shoulders for life because the nerves he cut and cannot he undone.

My property, years before I bought it, was connected by water lines from my house across the lot between the neighbors. They told me all the water pipes deep underground are tangled and no one knows where. My meter is in in their front yard. The county said, if the pipes replaced, I can get a new meter in my own yard. Pipes keep breaking and several times flood my kitchen and where washer dryer and furnace are. The furnace is rusty all over.  At my bedroom door big chunks of carpet are missing, causing me to lose my balance and even with the walker, makes me fall quite often. I pray you can help me. Thank you for time and consideration in this matter.

I need help for double-wide home improvements.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-07-04 13:59:02 -0800

Terry gravatar image

updated 2016-07-17 21:51:15 -0800

Webmaster gravatar image

So sorry for your predicament Elen!

It sounds pretty urgent for you to get your repairs done soon. There is a group called Rebuilding Together that provides home repair services for the elderly and disabled -- you qualify on both counts! You can read more about them in this article about Grants for Home Repair, and you could also do an internet search to see if you find them in your area. I would recommend you do both!

Also see the government site that provides a ton of information for people with disabilities -- this is a good guide to disability .gov 

You might also check with local churches to see if they have a ministry that serves the elderly. 

edit flag offensive delete link more