USA Grants Banner

Where do I find USA Government Home Repair Grants or Loans, which I would be eligible for?

asked 2014-09-02 19:20:44 -0800

Charles gravatar image

I am a 66 year old male senior, with one dependent (my unemployed wife) and I have been searching for USA government grants to help repair my 30 year old home roof, which has been leaking into our home at several places for over one year now. We are in debt and are struggling to pay our basic living expenses. My yearly income breaks down like this:

Gross Grand Total Before Taxes = $ 34,600.00

Adjust Income After Taxes = $ 29,000.00

I have been searching online for many days looking for USA Government Home Repair Grants or Loans, which I would be eligible for, but have not found any.

Can anyone help me and refer me to a usa government grant or loan that I would be eligible to apply for to replace my home's roof and repair an interior falling ceiling and water damaged walls?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2014-09-02 19:21:15 -0800

fgcguy gravatar image

You've got to get in touch with HUD, the department of Housing and Urban Development. If you're looking for a federal government grant, they are the only ones who can direct you. In practice, you're more likely to receive help from state and local programs which are supported by HUD. Read more in the article on Grants for Home Repair.

edit flag offensive delete link more