USA Grants Banner

Is there help to repair our driveway?

asked 2020-06-03 13:07:28 -0700

fifidoodle gravatar image

updated 2020-06-16 22:35:50 -0700

Scott gravatar image

I am 78. My husband is 79 and on social security with no other income or savings.  We live check to check. Our driveway is caved in on the right side and I am driving in and out of our garage on the left.  The left side of the driveway is starting to crack also.  My husband is an invalid and I am in need monatary assist to fix the problem. Is there help to repair our driveway?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2020-06-22 13:44:25 -0700

Scott gravatar image

You might be in luck. The Department of Agriculture does provide grants in certain areas for seniors and others in need. They also provide some nice guaranteed loans. Since your situation involves a safety issue and you are seniors and your husband is disabled you could be very likely to qualify. Contact a HUD office in your area to get more information and referrals to other sources of help. If there is an organization called NeighborWorks  in your area get in touch with them because they sometimes offer loans and help with repairs. And tcheck out Grants for Seniors it's a great article about lots of resources for seniors.



edit flag offensive delete link more