USA Grants Banner

Are there government grants for disabled seniors?

asked 2017-08-26 10:21:29 -0700

CWSwift0355 gravatar image

updated 2017-08-28 21:09:32 -0700

Mary gravatar image

I am a disabled senior citizen and I am looking for the best government home grant to acquire a property/home with.  My disabilities are at the 100% level and though I have some mobility, it is fleeing as I grow older.  I have found a property in the area I rent in which with some adaptations would be perfect.  The property is located at ???, Delmar DE.  The property was reposessed by Wells Fargo Bank, after the last owner gave up their mortgage and had criminal charges brought against them.  What Government Grant would suit me best? Are there government grants for disabled seniors?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2017-09-05 09:04:57 -0700

Mary gravatar image

While I don't know of a grant you can easily get for a house there are several programs that can help you. First check out this article about Grants for Seniors, and in particular note the Housing section. Also look for the nearest Aging and Disability Resource Center. They offer services for seniors and for people with disabilities. You could also find hep at a local Center for Independent Living.

edit flag offensive delete link more