USA Grants Banner

Are there grants for storm windows?

asked 2017-07-25 15:09:58 -0800

Melissa Pierce gravatar image

updated 2017-08-07 20:41:42 -0800

Monty gravatar image

Please help to get 23 storm windows, indoor/outdoor carpet replaced in kitchen and laundry room, replace front door, update tub/shower and vanity in back bathroom, replace counters and cabinets in kitchen ... all of these are 23 years old. My husband and I are 60 and 62 respectfully ... our house was built in 1934 and we have lived there for 23 years. Updates have been few and far between ... we are working hard to get out of debt ... our storm windows are 23 years old ... they collect alot of condensation that leads to mold and mildew and a lot of energy is lost. The indoor/outdoor carpet in the kitchen and laundry room is 23 years old and very worn down, carpet on stairs that lead to the loft room is 23 years old as is carpet in this same room, bathtub/shower and vanity in back bathroom are 23 years old ... The tub is wearing down and has cracks in it. The front door is over 23 years old ... kitchen cabinets and counters are 23 years old ... appliances are between 10-20 years old. We are also hoping to get solar panels installed. So as you can see we are in need of financial help to get at least some of these updated and replaced. Are there any grants out there for home improvement. We need approximately $50,000.

Our storm windows are 23 years old, collect major condensation resulting in visible mold and mildew and rotten wood. The indoor/outdoor carpet in kitchen and laundry room is 23 years old as are the cabinets. Our appliances are dated and are of various ages. The shower/bath combo and vanity in back bathroom is 23 years old. The carpet on stairs leading to loft room is 23 years old as is carpet in same room. 

We have no funds to do these updates .. any help in grants available? My husband and I are 60 and 62 years old respectfully. We spent $15,000 last year in updates of other projects.

Are there grants for storm window replacements and home improvement much needed updates?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2017-08-03 16:23:09 -0800

Daniel gravatar image

Please see the answer now posted for the question you asked on July 25. Note in particular that you might be able to get information very specific to your situation and locale if you contact 1-800-677-116 to find out how to contact your closest Area Aging Agency. They would be aware of state programs designed for your type of need  -- especially if you qualify for Medicaid.

edit flag offensive delete link more

answered 2017-08-03 16:04:44 -0800

Emily gravatar image

You are not the only seniors in serious need of home repairs. Two places for you to look right away sn  hopefully to find help:

1. See this very useful review of Grants for Home Repair to get some great ideas about what programs exist and how to find them.

2. See if your state has some programs that you would qualify for. The best place to start is to get in touch with your county housing authority or contact a local Area Aging Agency. If you don't know how to find one you can call 1-800-677-1116 for information.



edit flag offensive delete link more