USA Grants Banner

Is there a grant to help me make my monthly payments

asked 2015-09-02 22:07:51 -0800

Clueless gravatar image

updated 2015-09-17 12:43:42 -0800

Webmaster gravatar image

My husband has been out of work 9 months. He is unable to find work. Are there grants that we can get to help us pay our bills?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

2 answers

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2015-09-03 15:10:05 -0800

Keith gravatar image

Sorry for your predicament. Here are a couple things that might help you: is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor.  It provides a wide array of services to those looking for work and might be a benefit to your husband. They help you be sure you are receiving whatever benefits you should be getting, they have job centers nationally and will help you find one near you, they offer job training programs, apprenticeships, job search assistance and more.

You might also find some good leads in the article Grants to Pay Bills. Though there really aren't grants for that specific purpose there are places to find help and some good ideas for raising extra cash.

Hope things turn up for you soon!

edit flag offensive delete link more

answered 2015-09-17 12:34:57 -0800

Laura gravatar image

Another resource that may work for you is Modest Needs. Modest Needs is a national nonprofit empowering members of the general public to make small, emergency grants to low-income workers who are at risk of slipping into poverty.

Since 2002, Modest Needs' donors have stopped the cycle of poverty for 12,800 hard-working individuals and families that conventional philanthropy otherwise had forgotten.

edit flag offensive delete link more