USA Grants Banner

How can I get a grant for rent and bills?

asked 2016-09-04 23:27:00 -0700

Bonturner2016 gravatar image

updated 2016-09-06 14:04:59 -0700

Charles gravatar image

My rent is $544 month.  I owe $140 on my electric bill. Gas is overdue.  How can I get a Grant for rent and bills? Rent is due now and I received a 15 day notice on electricity  bill.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-09-06 14:09:03 -0700

Daniel gravatar image

The first thing I would recommend you to is to contact your utility. Explain your situation and see if they can put you on some sort of special plan --- most utilities have ways they help folks having trouble with their bill.

To figure out how to get more money in your life to handle your obligations take a look at this article about Grants to Pay Bills. There aren't actual "grants" for this purpose but they offer some good suggestions for getting help and more income.

edit flag offensive delete link more