USA Grants Banner

Grants to re-build water well?

asked 2014-09-01 18:36:57 -0700

Sharda gravatar image

I am a permanently disabled senior citizen, and just lost my spouse of 30 years. Our water well just collapsed, and I was wondering if there was any kind of grant available to help me get water again?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

2 answers

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2014-09-02 18:33:52 -0700

Scott gravatar image

So sorry to hear about your spouse. What a terrible loss. The leading federal program for water wells is offered by the USDA and described at Household Water Well System Grants. It looks like they don't provide grants directly to individuals but rather to non-profits which in turn provide assistance to people. Still, the USDA can be a good place to get started to find such agencies.

edit flag offensive delete link more

answered 2014-09-01 18:37:27 -0700

fgcguy gravatar image

So sorry to hear that! Take a look at this article about Grants for Home Repair to see how you might be able to get help with this. You could also try contacting your local Community Service Agency to see what they would recommend.

edit flag offensive delete link more