USA Grants Banner

Are there grants for Christmas gifts?

asked 2016-12-01 19:28:36 -0700

SharonFuller gravatar image

updated 2016-12-12 11:00:30 -0700

I'm on Social Security disability and I'm trying to raise my grandson. I'm about to lose my house. Is there any way I could get any help? I lost my daughter two years ago trying to raise my grandson. I fell behind on my house paymentand  I'm on very low income. My credit isn't that great. Is there anyway I can get some help? I haven't got my gradson even one thing for Christmas.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-12-14 14:42:11 -0700

Denise gravatar image

 A few suggestions:

1. Contact the Salvation Army in your area and see what they might offer ....

2. See if there's some sort of helpline at your local newspaper and share your story, perhaps they'd write it up in a holiday related article and readers could donate.

3. Try using a "crowdfunding" website to see if you can tell your story and get donations. Definitely see the article Free Money  2015 to see a description of the top platforms online for people to share their situation and see if others will help out. Your situation could be perfect for that, especially during the holidays.

4. Contact local churches -- or go there in person -- to see if they have a ministry that reaches out to those in need in the community particularly at Christmas time.

edit flag offensive delete link more