USA Grants Banner

Are there grants for mobile home repair in Alabama?

asked 2014-10-19 15:34:00 -0700

paibar gravatar image

updated 2014-10-24 16:20:46 -0700

Grant gravatar image

I live in Alabama. I tried to get help through the weatherization program. They came by and made no repairs to my home. I need mobile home repair for my home right away.

Rural developement and weatherization couldn't help. Is there anything that could? I am on a fixed income.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete


Can you describe the repairs you need? Is it the roof? the foundation? And what's the cause of the repairs? Just old age?

Grant ( 2014-10-21 16:00:28 -0700 )edit

yes I need window,floor,doors, bath,andn kitchen repair

paibar ( 2014-10-21 19:08:38 -0700 )edit

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2014-10-24 07:21:52 -0700

Keith gravatar image

updated 2014-10-24 16:19:31 -0700

Nancy gravatar image

So sorry, this is a tough one. Two more possibilities: (1) check with churches in your area to see if they provide a free repair service to those in need; and (2) take a look at this article called I Need Help and see if any of their suggestions will work for you.

Other than that, the only other thing I can suggest is to share your story with your local newspaper and perhaps it will generate some assistance.

The Alabama Weatherization Assistance Program should be able to help you -- check this guide to the Community Action Agency nearest you to be sure you had the right people involved.  If these are in fact the folks you already dealt with, check to see if you qualify for a grant or loan from the U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Development Program. Click that link to find out if you are eligible and whom to contact.

edit flag offensive delete link more