USA Grants Banner

Assistance for hearing aids and dentures?

asked 2016-02-27 08:59:33 -0800

debbiechico gravatar image

updated 2016-02-29 20:50:48 -0800

Susan gravatar image

My husband needs hearing aids and dentures and medicare does not pay for them. Is there any way we can get help? We are so low income we do not have to file taxes. My husband and I are disabled. He needs dentures and hearing aids.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-03-01 11:01:45 -0800

Susan gravatar image

It is sometimes surprising - and sad - to discover what Medicare will not cover. Given your low income do you qualify for Medicaid? In some states they will cover these types of expenses. It could be worth checking with your local Medicaid office to see if you qualify. You should also contact your local Office On Aging for leads in your area.

In some areas I have heard that the Lions Club has a program that matches seniors with free hearing aids. Check them out as well as other service organizations such as the Rotary Club and Catholic Charities.

With regard to needed dentures, check out this article about Free Dental Care. You might be able to find a free or very low-cost service near you. If they only offer care but not the dentures themselves, they would probably be able to refer you to an organization that would cover the dentures as well.

For both the hearing aids and dentures you should also consider applying to an organization like "modestneeds". This is a crowdfunding type of internet platform that matches people with needs and people who wish to help. You can learn more about them and other similar sites here

edit flag offensive delete link more