USA Grants Banner

Single mom with disabled child needs financial assistance, unable to work.

asked 2016-05-11 13:47:46 -0700

debbie frye gravatar image

updated 2016-05-16 21:44:07 -0700

Denise gravatar image

I am a single mom with a mentally disabled child[14]. I worked as a fosterparent for mentally challenged adults but am not able to continue this work due to daughte'rs mental disabilities. in turn I'm not able to work public work due to tending to needs of daughter. i also have a 15 year old girl. I'm looking for programs that I've been told about that assist financially allowing the parent to remain home to tend to their child. I'm willin to work but cant keep jobs due to daughter's issues.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-05-12 17:44:54 -0700

Marie gravatar image

Sorry for your situation Debbie.

There is a program called the National Family Caregiver Support Program and you might be able to get paid as a family caregiver. The requirements and offering vary from state to state. Go to this article about and scroll down to the section headed "Financial Aid for Family Caregivers."  Follow the instructions there and you should be able to find out mor about this program in your state. 

edit flag offensive delete link more