USA Grants Banner

Is there a grant to remove my gravel driveway and have a concrete drive poured?

asked 2020-01-16 16:11:22 -0700

cactus patch gravatar image

updated 2020-01-20 17:07:43 -0700

Denise gravatar image

My husband and I are in our 70's. He has stage 3 small cell lung cancer and is short of breath and undergoing chemotheraphy and radiation. I have a bad back and lots of pain. Our garage is detatched and the driveway is very deep gravel. At our age and with our diabilities it is difficult to walk from the garage to the house, and packing groceries makes it even worse. If there are any grants to help us that would be wonderful. I came across this site by accident, looking for assistance with gas money. My husbands treatments are about 150 mile roundtrip daily. Is there a grant to remove my gravel driveway and have a concrete drive poured?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2020-01-30 11:12:33 -0700

Denise gravatar image

Oh my, I hope you will be able to find some help. 

A couple places to look:
-- You might be able to obrtain a grant for $7500 from the United States Department of Agriculture. They  also offer guaranteed loans. The grants are specifically for low income homeowners so you would probably qualify. Contact your nearest office of HUD (Housin & Urban Development)  -- they might also be able to provide you with a good referral. Also check out Grants for Home Repair.



edit flag offensive delete link more

Your Answer

Please start posting anonymously - your entry will be published after you log in or create a new account.

Add Answer