USA Grants Banner

Can I get help to pay off a student loan if I became disabled?

asked 2016-01-23 17:01:55 -0800

diedin97 gravatar image

updated 2016-01-25 16:25:23 -0800

Patricia gravatar image

After graduating technical college, I became disabled and could not pay back the student loan. Then I waited for 4 years to receive disability benefits. Now the federal government is deducting money from my disability funds every month and has done so for the past 4 years. I can't get a doctor to fill the necessary forms to be forgiven for the loan. What else can I do? Please help! Can I get help to pay off a student loan if I became disabled?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-01-27 19:17:29 -0800

Marie gravatar image

Well as usual the answer to this question is going to depend on a lot of factors. You should definitely be able to get a special income-based repayment plan. Checkout the different options detailed in Grants to Pay Off Student Debt to see if there is something there that would be relevant to your situation.

edit flag offensive delete link more