USA Grants Banner

Grants to purchase house to sublet for low-income persons?

asked 2016-01-15 12:50:50 -0700

JoeAnn gravatar image

updated 2016-01-21 20:45:24 -0700

Brandon gravatar image

We have a nonprofit organization and would like to offer housing to the community. Non-profit looking for grant to purchase house to sublet to low/income/transitional persons. Grants to purchase house to sublet for low-income persons?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-01-20 14:36:09 -0700

Keith gravatar image

Sounds like a good idea JoeAnn. Many states and cities have access to funds from Block Grants provided by the federal government for community development. As a nonprofit you should be in a good position to apply for some of those funds. Take a look at your state's website and search for grants to see what might be available. You can also check out and do a search specifying non-profits as your Eligibility category. Also take a look at this article about Grants for Nonprofits.

edit flag offensive delete link more


Thanks Kieth for your input. I attempted to reply, but not sure if you received it. After calling around and visiting several sites that support the homeless, and all responses of "no there is no money". I was back to the online hunt for Now I'm searching for round table discussions

JoeAnn ( 2016-01-21 10:56:16 -0700 )edit