USA Grants Banner

Is there housing for a disabled person in Fort Bend County, Texas?

asked 2018-01-26 09:47:42 -0700

Mscee gravatar image

updated 2018-01-29 20:48:14 -0700

Susan gravatar image

My son is disabled and I am his representative payee. We moved to Fort Bend after the storm came through Wharton on Valentine's Day last year. We lost our home so we moved in with my mother, her husband and her 20 year old adopted son. It's really not a good fit. Is there housing for a disabled person in Fort Bend County, Texas?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2018-02-05 12:58:54 -0700

Susan gravatar image

Fort Bend County does have a rent/mortgage assistance program due to a Block Grant from the Department of Health and Human Services. You may be able to qualify for it based on your disability.  Check out the Fort Bend County website to get details about what documentation you need to bring with you to apply. Proof of disability provided by a doctor will be required. 


You can also find some great tips in this article about disability grants for programs and services available in a number of areas including public and private housing.

edit flag offensive delete link more

Your Answer

Please start posting anonymously - your entry will be published after you log in or create a new account.

Add Answer