USA Grants Banner

Can I get help on rent and utilities?

asked 2016-01-03 17:45:15 -0700

sabrina gravatar image

updated 2016-01-08 16:37:12 -0700

Kimberly gravatar image

I'm disabled and on a fixed income.  My rent is 575.00 a month and dont have money to pay my other bills. I get 733.00 a month. I need help! I'm a single mother of 3 kids and just recenty lost them to the state. I'm trying to maintain my bills and have no where to turn. I'm legally blind.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-01-07 14:09:42 -0700

Marie gravatar image

Wow, Sabrina, so sorry you are dealing with all of that -- and sorry that you lost your kids. I could point you to a lot of different agencies but they are so well presented elsewhere I am going to send you there. This article called I Need Help tells you how to find help in a number of areas including housing, food, utilities, prescription drugs, assistance for those with disabilities and more. You should really check it out!

In addition I would really recommend that you go and speak to a few helpful organizations:

- the Salvation Army and/or your local Community Services Agency;
- the Federal Housing Agency office nearest you (just do an internet search); and
- a church. Yes. If you are not already part of a warm and welcoming church, please find one. You need the kind of supportive community they can provide.

edit flag offensive delete link more