USA Grants Banner

Are there grants available to help with rent or mortgage payments?

asked 2017-10-24 01:10:32 -0700

AleciaA gravatar image

updated 2017-10-30 20:22:54 -0700

Cynthia gravatar image

I am getting custody of my 2 grandsons soon. I am a 52 year old disabled woman and in need of a larger home. Are there grants to help pay rent or house payments?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2017-10-24 16:30:33 -0700

Susan gravatar image

Well not exactly .... but there are a couple things you can try:

Take a look at this article about grants for seniors .... it doesn't deal directly with childcare but there is good information about finding housing help. 

Contact Social Security and make sure you're getting all the benefits you might qualify for. 

Finally read Disability Grants for resources that might help you.

It's also always a good idea to contact your nearest housing agency. They may be able to offer good advice and referrals. 

edit flag offensive delete link more