USA Grants Banner

Are there grants to do home repairs in Alabama?

asked 2017-07-03 06:20:36 -0800

updated 2017-07-03 21:03:45 -0800

Susan gravatar image

I am a senior citizen living on a fixed income. My home is in great need of repairs. I can't afford to make them because my income is too low. My floors are sinking. My walls are separating. The house need to be jacked up. You can actually see the ground from inside the house. I can't afford to move but the house is really not livable. The heating and air unit has gone out also. If you can help then I will really appreciate it. Thanks.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2017-07-04 14:58:07 -0800

Susan gravatar image

Find our more about the possibility of getting a loan or grant in Alabama by contacting the U.S. Department of Agriculture and Rural Development. Given your age and the seriousness of your needed repairs I would expect you to qualify for this program.  You can find out more, including checking your address to see if it’s elegible, on this website of the USDA. For more general information also check out the articles Grants for Seniors and Grants for Home Repair.

edit flag offensive delete link more