USA Grants Banner

I am disabled and need clothing, transportation and a grant for college.

asked 2015-07-27 11:03:41 -0700

pups5 gravatar image

updated 2015-07-27 17:14:08 -0700

Patricia gravatar image

I am a disabled female who wants to go to college and am seeking a grant for transportation and clothing for college.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

2 answers

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2015-07-27 17:15:38 -0700

fgcguy gravatar image

Try the Pell Grant at Free Grants Community. They have quick-six questionnaire to determine eligibility.

edit flag offensive delete link more

answered 2015-07-28 15:56:19 -0700

Nancy gravatar image

Glad to hear you're working on getting yourself to college! The Pell Grants are a definite possibility if you are low-income (per Federal standards) --- the quiz mentioned in the previous answer can save you time by letting you know quickly if you might be eligible.

Whether you qualify for a Pell Grant or not you should definitely fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).  It can also be very useful to contact the Student Aid office at the college you will be attending. They might know of some grants or scholarships that you might have special qualifications for.

Last but not least, if you haven't checked out the government site about help for those with disabilities you should definitely do so. It lets you filter your searches so that you can locate resources that are right for you. It's well organized and updated daily so you might find some great possibilities there!

edit flag offensive delete link more