USA Grants Banner

My husband and I want to improve our house

asked 2015-05-09 07:35:56 -0800

Joanna Burkett gravatar image

updated 2015-05-09 09:40:34 -0800

Nancy gravatar image

My husband and I want to fix a few broken things in our home and to finish projects that we ran out of money to complete. Where can we get this kind of help?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2015-05-09 09:39:29 -0800

sanford1 gravatar image

Hi Joanna. If you own your home this could be an ideal time to take advantage of a government program that ends later this year. You may have heard of the HARP program or even applied before and been turned down, but things have changed. The new program helps you refinance at a lower rate. There is no limit regarding the ratio of your debt to the value of the home and you typically don't even need to have an appraisal. This could allow you to save some money monthly and maybe even take some additional cash out. You can learn more details about it here.  If HARP doesn't work for you you could still look into refinancing and include the cost of  the repairs and improvements you want to make in the amount you finance.

edit flag offensive delete link more