USA Grants Banner

Are there grants to stabilize my driveway?

asked 2017-02-03 12:04:33 -0700

Syron9 gravatar image

updated 2017-02-06 20:15:57 -0700

Daniel gravatar image

Newly graded dirt driveway needs a layer of gravel or red dogto keep it from going muddy on lower section.  Location is along one side of the house and a length of legal easement.I am a senior and a partner in a woman's business. This driveway accesses the business as well. Are there grants to stabilize my driveway?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2017-02-06 14:42:07 -0700

Cynthia gravatar image

If you are in a relatively rural area you should check with the U.S. department of Agriculture. They offer a surprising number of loans and grants to seniors for home purchase and repairs. You could be eligible for a guaranteed loan or a grant (up to $7500) for this type of work. Take a look at the Rural Repair and Rehabilition program.

You could also take a look to see if the organizationNeighborWorks is in your area. It's possible they could refer you to some help. Another place to contact would be a local office for the Department of Housing and Urban Development. If they can't help directly I'm sure they could provide some good advice.


edit flag offensive delete link more