USA Grants Banner

is there any possible funding for a disabled 37 year-old to return to school?

asked 2015-03-28 16:17:00 -0800

in2ppeace gravatar image

updated 2015-04-02 15:07:24 -0800

Nancy gravatar image

I am a disabled adult looking for funding to return to school. Is there funding available for a 37-year-old to continue my education?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2015-04-02 15:20:13 -0800

Marie gravatar image

Yes, there is certainly potential funding available for you. For one thing, you can apply for the same federal student financial aid that anyone else can. You can find out quickly if you might qualify for a pell grant, which is a government grant awarded simply on the basis of financial need. And your disability could improve your chances. Whether you do or not, you should still fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), because that is the gateway to all federal financial aid for education (and for many other types of aid).

In addition, you should take advantage of all benefits available to support the disabled. The government website for disability information is an excellent one -- see this review and title=" guide" href="">guide to if you want an overview (and want to be sure you're getting ALL the benefits that are out there for you, not just education); or go directly to their page specifically about aid for title=" aid for adult students" href="">disabled adult students continuing their education


edit flag offensive delete link more