USA Grants Banner

Is there a grant available for a 19 year old that has an arm disability?

asked 2015-02-28 13:22:25 -0700

StuDaddy gravatar image

updated 2015-03-03 17:09:40 -0700

Ricky gravatar image

My friend has a 19 year old grandson that was injured in an accident and has little use/control of his right arm. This situation prevents him from being able to get employment because of his lack of ability to perform normal work tasks. Is there a grant available for a 19 year old that has an arm disability?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2015-03-04 17:40:51 -0700

Ricky gravatar image

updated 2015-03-09 09:47:31 -0700

Grant gravatar image

I'm not aware of specific grants for this situation but there may be benefits and other assistance available. Two suggestions:

1: the 19-year-old or parent should contact Social Security to make an appointment about getting benefits for him. They may be available and the amount may be higher if a parent has started collecting SS benefits. You can reach them at 1-800-772-1213. Things will go more quickly if they can fill out an Adult Disability Form before the appt.

2: Go to and select the option that says "Guide Me".  It will help your friend and his son find benefits and help related to all kinds of services like employment, special devices he may need and more.

edit flag offensive delete link more