USA Grants Banner

Is there an emergency dental grant?

asked 2016-11-03 09:13:49 -0700

drwood gravatar image

updated 2016-11-07 20:07:31 -0700

Susan gravatar image

We live in New York State. We've used the same dentist for over 7 years, until recently, when my wife started having serious problems with the work he performed. After bringing the problems to the dentist attention he became very angry and unprofessional. We decided it would be best to having a cooling off period then go back to try and get the problems fixed. The situation was even more unprofessional. We tried going some place else only to find out my wife needs a great deal of corrective procedures done with astronomical cost. By the way, we even tried filing a complaint however there's not a board that oversees dentists. We heard of a dental grant. Please if any body can help pointing us in the right direction we'd greatly appreciate your help. Thank you for taking a minute to read this and maybe knowing where we can turn. It's very serious considering the amount of pain she's in almost constantly. Thanks again.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-11-09 09:02:46 -0700

Susan gravatar image

So sorry for your situation.

A few suggestions:  


  • Check out the American Dental Association and see if there is any resource there to lodge a complaint or get some direction about what action you might be able to take with this dentist;
  • Take a look at this article about Free Dental Care and how to find it somewhere near you; and
  • Check out, a collection of all kindsof resources related to dental health.


edit flag offensive delete link more