USA Grants Banner

Can I get a grant to help with financial hardship while a college student?

asked 2016-05-17 22:16:02 -0800

Yogithebear gravatar image

updated 2016-05-21 11:06:37 -0800

Nancy gravatar image

I need extra funds to help me pay my rent. I'm in a financial hardship due to an incident that unfortunately happened to myself and my dog. We got attacked by a pitbull and as a result incurred an Animal hospital bill just a few weeks after moving into my new place. Now I am behind on my rent, and facing eviction in just a few days. I need help! 

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-05-21 11:09:19 -0800

Marie gravatar image

So sorry about your troubles. I would recommend you first contact your local HUD housing counsel agency. They provide housing counseling free of charge. The best way to find the agency nearest you is to call HUD tollpfree at 1-800-569-4287.

Also seek out whatever free or low-cost legal assistance is available to help you avoid eviction. We don't know where you live but you can do an internet search for "legal aid near me".  There are many legal aid offices that help people threatened with eviction so be sure to call them as soon as possible.

edit flag offensive delete link more