USA Grants Banner

Are there any grants for 55 year old woman on SSDI to get a vehicle?

asked 2019-09-25 11:45:26 -0700

Donnacc gravatar image

updated 2019-09-30 21:32:23 -0700

Mary gravatar image

I am a 55 year old woman who is on SSDI and and live in a rural area with absolutely no form of public transportation. I have a mentaly disabled 59 year old sister and a 29 year old son who live with me. We all have multiple health issues including diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, ADHD, ODD, PDD, hypothiroid, arthritis, acid reflux, depression, Insomnia, and nerve damage, as well as some other health issues. We have no way to get to the doctor much less pay bills or buy food. I am the only driver in the family. We desperately need help to get a vehicle. Please let me know if you have any way of getting me a vehicle so I can take care of my family.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2019-10-01 08:33:58 -0700

Mary gravatar image

There are a number of organizations that help people get a car. You can get lots of good information at Money for a Car.  I would also recommend that you look up the nearest Agency on Aging in your area. They might not provide direct help but they should know a lot about what sort of assistance could be available near where you live.

edit flag offensive delete link more