USA Grants Banner

I would like to start a non-profit half way house and need a grant.

asked 2019-09-16 05:13:01 -0800

patmariebianco gravatar image

updated 2019-09-16 21:55:08 -0800

Adria gravatar image

I would like to start a non-profit, half-way house and need a grant to help me.  I also would need furniture and and computers and supplies. How do I start a non-profit half-way house with a grant?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2019-10-01 08:25:40 -0800

Adria gravatar image

First it will be important that you are an official nonprofit per the IRS. That means filing to become a 501(c)(3) organization. Then the world of grants will open up to you, as many grants require that you have that designation. It also means that your donors can deduct their gifts to your organization as allowed by law on their tax returns. Check out Grants for Nonprofits to learn more.

edit flag offensive delete link more