USA Grants Banner

Are there grants available to replace a small single car bridge?

asked 2018-06-01 09:34:34 -0800

Buckethead1 gravatar image

updated 2018-06-04 22:06:03 -0800

Doris gravatar image

Are there grants available to replace a small single car bridge?  We have a single car bridge in Washington State that supports a small community of retired and disabled seniors.  This community has only three home owners but the bridge was designed poorly and is now too dangerous to cross.  We are in Garfield County near the town of Pomeroy, Washington 99347.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2018-06-26 07:06:21 -0800

Doris gravatar image

What a terrible situation!  We are not aware of specific grants for this purpose but recommend a couple of steps you should take. First, contact the Grafield Count Aging Disability Resource Center in Pomery right away. They probably can't provide a grant but they should be able to direct you to the appropriate person or agency that could help. Second would be to check with your state -- start with its web site and do a search for grants.

If those steps don't work I would take a look at this article about grants for home repair and see if any of the resources noted there could help.

edit flag offensive delete link more