USA Grants Banner

Is there emergency housing for widow and child?

asked 2017-10-14 21:25:37 -0800

Hnjordan gravatar image

updated 2017-10-16 20:23:57 -0800

Susan gravatar image

I'm a widow and I have a 13 year-old daughter. I'm being evicted for non payment of rent after I was unable to keep my job due to me not being able to deal with my grief. Is there anywhere in Pensacola, FL that we could get government assistance to get us somewhere to live quickly? Thank you for any suggestions. Is there emergency housing for widow and child?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2017-10-24 16:16:39 -0800

Susan gravatar image

Tough situation. There are several you should try:

Take a look at  this article about grants for seniors. They are not specifically for seniors caring for a child but it's a start toward finding ways to save money/bring in more money. Also contact Social Security to be sure you getting all the benefits you are entitled to. And be sure to take a look at Grants for Widows with Children.  You might also contact your local Housing Agency to see if they have some resources to suggest, and look at your state's website to see what sort of assistance they might provide.

edit flag offensive delete link more