USA Grants Banner

Is there any help in Missouri for amputee home modifications?

asked 2017-06-10 09:39:17 -0800

Pamela Anderson gravatar image

updated 2017-06-12 17:25:44 -0800

Emily gravatar image

My husband left one year after my amputation.  Our home has had some work done to it.  But in the divorce I received all the bills (but one) and him the 401Ks.  At that time I made three times what he did.

The divorce took a toll on me, emotions, energy.  I am trying now to rebuild my life.  I have to start with my home and rebuilding my "in home business"!

I need help with modifications.  I personally paid for the master bedroom bath to be turned into a roll-in shower.  I also paid for a ramp in my garage to get into the house out of the weather.  I had to do that before the doctors would let me come home from a terrible fall.

He has been gone six year.  The divorce is 2 years old.

I am applying for a $2,500 grant but don't know yet if I get it,

Any help is appreciated.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2017-06-19 15:19:43 -0800

Emily gravatar image

Most states do have programs to assist people like yourself who need to make modifications to make their homes safe and accessible. Check Missouri's "Hero Program", which gives assistance up to $22,000+ for eligible applicants. I believe you qualify based ono your income but would assume that the disaility might help as well. Also check this article about Disability Grants as it might point you iin the direction of other resources.

edit flag offensive delete link more