USA Grants Banner

I am having electricity problems, is there any help available for someone to to work on my electric?

asked 2015-11-02 15:14:40 -0800

Judy Garland gravatar image

updated 2015-11-16 17:40:00 -0800

Webmaster gravatar image

Half of my house has no electricity, I have extension cords running to the other rooms. The lights don't work. I need help! I need someone to re-wire the house. I believe I am living in a fire hazard. Please if there is any help available, let me know. Thank you so much in advance!

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2015-11-10 13:44:47 -0800

Marie gravatar image

That does sound dangerous Judy, hope we can help you find some assistance . A couple of suggestions:

1. Contact your local utility/electricity provider and explain your problem. Particularly if the condition is a safety hazard they may be able either to help you or refer you to a group that can help you.

2. Do an internet search for HEAP and the name of your county and state. This is the Home Energy Assistance Program funded by the federal government and managed by each state. They primarily help with paying utility bills but might also help with a safety hazard repair.

3. Also check out this article about grants for home repair. You might not find an actual grant but it might give you some good leads on other places to look for help.

edit flag offensive delete link more