USA Grants Banner

Are there grants for dental work?

asked 2017-02-16 14:47:56 -0700

loree05 gravatar image

updated 2017-02-21 21:38:28 -0700

Daniel gravatar image

I need to get full mouth extraction dentures or implants. But I lost my job and have no insurace. I am 52. Can I get this done for free? I need full work done but I lost my job in Decouth. I need extraction and dentures or implants. I started to have work done but lost my job and insurance. I am 52 and now having mouth pain and I look hideous. Is there grants to help me?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

2 answers

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2017-03-08 07:05:19 -0700

Doopie10 gravatar image

I myself was in need of extensive dental care.  I sent many emails as well as numerous phone calls.  I was told to go to my state website and click on aging and elderly.  Sure enough, a few clicks in, I found a website called; Dental Donated Services or -

You will need to fill out an extensive questionnaire to see if you qualify for this service.  You will then receive a postcard saying they have received your application and someone will be in touch asap.  Print out your application prior to submitting as they will review this information over the phone with you.  They will tell you on the phone if you qualify. 

These are real dentists-oral surgeons and labs that donate their time and services.  Clinics limit the amount of dental care they provide and dental schools charge approximately half the amount a dentist would charge but take twice as long because you are working with students.

Good luck and the more information you provide on the application the better.



edit flag offensive delete link more

answered 2017-02-22 15:48:50 -0700

Daniel gravatar image

I don't know of grants specifically for this purpose. But there are some doctors and non-profits that offer low cost or sometimes free dental care to folks in need. I would recommend that you start by reading this overview of Free Dental Care resources. You might also check with universities in your area that have dental schools -- sometimes they offer free services to give their students experience. (They are well supervised). 



edit flag offensive delete link more