USA Grants Banner

I need help getting back on my feet.

asked 2016-09-02 22:16:24 -0800

Mjp1958 gravatar image

updated 2016-09-05 21:11:20 -0800

Susan gravatar image

I'm in need of an apartment. I have been at a halfway house for my alcohol problem. I am close to completing it. Can I get help in getting an apartment? buying of items needed in the apartment? money so I can start a NEW life clean and sober? I need help paying rent. I need money to buy furniture and a car. I need an application to get me state assistance again.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-09-04 13:48:09 -0800

Susan gravatar image

That's a great goal and congratulations on being almost through your program.

A couple of suggestions for you: first, speak with the counselors you are working with at the Halfway House. They must be accustomed to having to provide information and support to their graduates.

It would also be a good idea to check with your local Federal Housing Agency to see what resources they might know about. You should be able to get a consultation for free. For some other tips on how to find help to rent or buy a home, see this article on Grants for Housing

edit flag offensive delete link more