USA Grants Banner

Are there grants for a domestic abuse survivor in Arkansas?

asked 2017-11-06 10:11:41 -0800

stardust777 gravatar image

updated 2017-11-06 21:43:38 -0800

Jean gravatar image

I have gotten out of a domestic violent relationship and had to leave everything I had behind. I am facing homelessness and need a small car to get back and forth to work. I also need help getting a place when I do get a job. I recieve no welfare at the moment, as I want to work and do it on my own. Can anyone out there provide any information on how I can start to get back on my feet and live independently once again? Are there grants for a domestic abuse survivor in Arkansas?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2017-11-08 12:08:24 -0800

Jean gravatar image

There are many states that provife services to abuse survivors. I would start by checking the Arkansas website for information. Also get in touch with the local hsouding authority as they offer counseling at no charge.Check your state's website and also contact your local housing authority -- they provide housing counseling free of charge.


The National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE might be able to offer advice regarding resources in your specific area. And don't forget about the Salvation Army and local  churches. And you might reconsider applying for welfare -- it could help you get back on your feet so you can be self sufficient once again. You should also take a look at this article about Money for a Car -- it could help you find a charitable organization that helps those in need of a car. 



edit flag offensive delete link more