USA Grants Banner

Can I be assisted with a grant for starting up my private owned home daycare?

asked 2015-11-27 13:29:29 -0800

Jasmine gravatar image

updated 2015-11-30 16:02:53 -0800

Webmaster gravatar image

I want to open a small daycare in my home in the year of 2016 and I also want to provide transportation for people that really need it to get their children to school. Starting from scratch with my hard earned money will most likely be a struggle because I am working with a very small amount of funds but I will do what it takes to make my dreams come true. I really love children and I have a strong desire to be successful in my future home daycare. Where can I get  funding to help me with the start up of my  business?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2015-12-02 17:14:29 -0800

Cheryl gravatar image

Hi Jasmine, sounds like you have some great goals and are willing to work to achieve them. The federal Small Business Administration is a good place for small businesses to start to look for assistance. On their site they do address Childcare businesses specifically and provide a lot of detail about the types of insurance you need, the state and local licensing laws you must follow. To receive any kind of grant or loan you will need to cover all those issues.

For child care, home care or family care centers looking for financing, the SBA recommends the "Access Financing Wizard" available from You answer just a few questions about yourself and your business and it finds any government help available to you.  Be sure to note results that come up about "microloans", as those are what you would probably need. You may discover that they are more affordable than you expect. Also check out this article that discusses grants for women-owned business --- in particular read the section about Amber Grants. These are small grants awarded to women in business and the application is very informal.

edit flag offensive delete link more