USA Grants Banner

Is there any help for young disabled mothers?

asked 2015-01-22 19:15:41 -0800

updated 2015-01-26 17:54:20 -0800

Marie gravatar image

I am 26 years old and disabled. I have one child and am pregnant. I have no help and I can no longer work. Is there any help for me? My mother is now sick. And my son is low on everything all the time. Sometimes I go without basic needs and food to make sure he is OK. I am on Reach Up! I got help to sign up but I'm still really in trouble. Is there any help for me?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2015-01-27 11:39:49 -0800

Marie gravatar image

Brittany-Rae, so sorry to hear about your predicament.  I don't know what all resources you have already tried but there are some possibilities you should explore:

(1) First is the government site about disabled grants and benefits. It is a particularly good site in terms of being updated regularly and being pretty easy to navigate. Take a look at it and be sure you are getting all the assistance and aid you might be intitled to.

(2) Next is a good article about resources and grants for kids. It can help you find assistance for basic needs like food and housing as well as child care and other programs for kids.

(3) Sometimes states have additional services and support to offer residents. Do an internet seach including the name of your state plus something like "help for low income disabled mom".

(4) Lastly -- remember that churches can also be a great source of support. Even if you are not "religious" or have no experience or bad experience with churches, give them a chance. There are lots of kind, generous and compassionate people out there who would like to hellp you. At the very least they know a lot about services available in your area and could refer you to help.

edit flag offensive delete link more