USA Grants Banner

Are there any grants to get out of a bad marriage?

asked 2015-01-18 12:42:13 -0800

updated 2015-01-21 16:26:25 -0800

Laura gravatar image

I really need to get out of this place that I am in. I have three teenage children. Is there any grants to get out of a bad marrage?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2015-01-22 12:32:22 -0800

Laura gravatar image

Sorry to hear you're in a tough situation. I don't believe there are any "grants" available specifically for getting out of a bad marriage. However, there are a number of legal aid sources that could benefit you. Most states offer some sort of legal aid programs for people who meet low-income levels. The income levels are typically more lenient if there is abuse or domestic violence involved. Do a search using the name of your state and "legal aid" to see what might be available.  If you earn too much moeny to qualify you might be able to download the necessary papers for free from your state's website. You can also apply for a waiver of filing fees when you file for divorse. And in some states your spouse could be required to pay your legal fees.

I know your financial needs don't end just with getting a divorce. For some good advice on the topic you could check out a book called "How to Escape A Bad Mairriage - A Self-Help Divorce Bood for Women."  It's available in a kindle edition you could download  to a smart phone for just $6.95.

edit flag offensive delete link more