USA Grants Banner

Where can I get assistance with power bill?

asked 2016-10-20 10:35:04 -0800

Missy850 gravatar image

updated 2016-10-24 14:46:31 -0800

Megan gravatar image

I live with my boyfriend who is disabled and I am currently unemployed. We do not have the money to pay it and can't do without power until the first when he gets his disability check. Where can I get assistance with power bill?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-10-25 15:44:28 -0800

Megan gravatar image

The first thing I would recommend you to is to contact your utility. Explain your situation and see if they can put you on some sort of special plan --- most utilities have ways they help folks having trouble with their bill.

To figure out how to get more money in your life to handle your obligations take a look at this article about Grants to Pay Bills. There aren't actual "grants" for this purpose but they offer some good suggestions for getting help and more income.

edit flag offensive delete link more