USA Grants Banner

Can I get help out of an abusive relative home?

asked 2016-07-10 14:13:30 -0800

ldogburn gravatar image

updated 2016-07-17 21:36:48 -0800

Emily gravatar image

I'm living with a sister and she's very abusive. I have no means to move or place to go with 2 dogs. Someone please help. Can I get help out of an abusive relative home?


edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-07-16 17:57:44 -0800

Adria gravatar image

Sorry to hear you're in a tough situation. I don't believe there are any "grants" available specifically for your situation. However, there are a number of legal aid sources that could benefit you. Most states offer some sort of legal aid programs for people who meet low-income levels. The income levels are typically more lenient if there is abuse or domestic violence involved. Do a search using the name of your state and "legal aid" to see what might be available.  You might have to give up your dogs if you are in a dangerous situation where you are living, sorry.

edit flag offensive delete link more