USA Grants Banner

I need help with extra expenses getting 2 children off to college. Are there grants that could help?

asked 2016-07-06 14:10:58 -0800

kerrehuff gravatar image

updated 2016-07-17 21:39:17 -0800

Holly gravatar image

I need help getting two children off to college. Money is needed for extra expenses such as rent and dorm supplies. I am disabled on limited disability income. I'm disabled woman on fixed income. Are there grants that could help?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-07-16 17:54:30 -0800

Daniel gravatar image

The first thing for you to do is to apply for a Pell Grant. Start by reading Qualify for a Pell Grant and fill out your FAFSA application right away. Even if your kids don't qualify for a Pell Grant (though based on your comments about your income I suspect they do), filling out the FAFSA is the first step in getting any kind of government financial aid for your kids.

Also check out the government's site for the disabled and their caregivers. It's updated daily and lets you find resources right down to the local level. This guide to will give you some tips on how to use it.

edit flag offensive delete link more