USA Grants Banner

Mary's profile - activity

2018-10-08 17:31:16 -0700 edited question Is there any help for low income housing?

I'm disabled and live on social security and my car note takes a lot of that. Is there any help for low income housing? I have become homeless. My car note is 458. I need a place to live. Is there grant help for me?  I was engaged and we shared expenses but we broke up and I'm homeless.

2018-10-04 13:04:17 -0700 answered a question Searching for handicap accessibility building grants or funds?

There is a Chicago based organization called Pathways that provides grants  all over the U.S. to faith organizations and religious schools to carry out projects to accomodate the disabled so that's one place to try. On a more general level you could check out this useful article about grants for nonprofits.

2018-09-11 21:15:42 -0700 received badge  Student (source)
2018-01-22 17:29:00 -0700 answered a question I was told I had won a CFDA grant.

Sorry, that is a scam, I hope you haven't paid anyone anything. Callers are pretending to be from the CFDA but the agency NEVER operates like that. And a grant is not a grant if you have to pay to get it. Please takea  look at our article about CFDA and see more about what's happening.

2017-11-08 12:11:30 -0700 answered a question I am retired. Can I get a home repair grant?


Contact your local Area Aging Agency right away, seriously. If you don't know how to find it call 1-800-677-1116 and they can put you in touch with the right one. They offer services specifically for the elderly and the disabled so please don't hesitate. Do it now.


2017-09-05 09:04:57 -0700 answered a question Are there government grants for disabled seniors?

While I don't know of a grant you can easily get for a house there are several programs that can help you. First check out this article about Grants for Seniors, and in particular note the Housing section. Also look for the nearest Aging and Disability Resource Center. They offer services for seniors and for people with disabilities. You could also find hep at a local Center for Independent Living.

2017-08-28 21:09:32 -0700 edited question Are there government grants for disabled seniors?

I am a disabled senior citizen and I am looking for the best government home grant to acquire a property/home with.  My disabilities are at the 100% level and though I have some mobility, it is fleeing as I grow older.  I have found a property in the area I rent in which with some adaptations would be perfect.  The property is located at ???, Delmar DE.  The property was reposessed by Wells Fargo Bank, after the last owner gave up their mortgage and had criminal charges brought against them.  What Government Grant would suit me best? Are there government grants for disabled seniors?

2017-08-03 16:16:21 -0700 answered a question Phone number to call?

Not sure what the question is here. This site is a platform for people to ask questions regarding grants and get answers from other readers who have some knowledge and experience. There is no "Call Center" here but you could start by checking out this article called Find Grants.

If you are anxious for some immediate aid you could also take a look at I Need Help

2017-06-19 15:12:48 -0700 answered a question Is there any help in New York for domestic violence?

The first place to look is New York's website. Governor Cuomo announced late last year that NY has received an additional $7.7 million dollars of federal funding to combat domestic abuse and violence. Search the site for domestic abuse grants and see if your organization qualifies. If not perhaps you could partner with another group that does. You might also find some useful information in this article about Grants for Nonprofits.

2017-06-14 10:59:41 -0700 answered a question Am I qualified for a grant to remodel my home?

First, thank you for your service. I would recommend checking with the VA to see if you qualify for any benefits you're not aware of. This review of veterans' grants may also be helpful.

Also take a look at this article about Disability Grants for guidance to helpful resources.

And be sure to check your state's website. Many states have programs to assist the disabled in making their homes more accessible, safe and liveable. It certainly seems that you would qualify for such a program. 

2017-06-12 17:22:21 -0700 edited question Am I qualified for a grant to remodel my home?

My wife and I need some major changes to our home to make it more handicap accessible for me.  I spent 24 years in the Air Force in the service of our country.  My wife has more medical conditions than I have.  My condition is I have arthritic knee joints. I had a full knee replacement and as a result the major nerve that runs on the outside of my leg was damaged and left me in constant pain.  The government saw fit to give me an eletric wheelchair which I haven't  been able to use much because my house was not built for wheelchair access.  Also we need a walk-in-shower for the both of us.  I have fallen twice trying to get out of the bathtub and once trying to get in.  My legs just won't do what I ask them to do all the time.  I'm affraid that my wife or myself are going to fall snd brake a hip or something else. I'm 82 years old and my wife is 76. We are hoping to spend the rest of our years living here. Do you think I'm quilified for a grant? And the sooner the better if possible.

2017-06-08 09:07:14 -0700 answered a question Help to maker my home more handicap accessible

I'm not sure I understand your question. If you are looking for an answer to a question similar to your question, you can use the Search  bar near the top of the page to put in key words and see other similar questions and answers.

There are some programs that help the disabled to make their homes more accessible and liveable. Check your state's website and church the term "disabled help" or something similar and see what you can find. Also take a look at this article about Disability Grants for guidance to helpful resources.

2017-03-25 13:55:37 -0700 answered a question Please give me $500,000 in grants.

First, please don't give out your address or personal information on a public site such as this (it has been deleted from your question). Secondly, this is an information site only, a place where people who have useful information can help out those in need.  It is not possible to send you any money. If you are in need please check out I Need Help.

2017-02-06 14:37:20 -0700 edited question Are there grants to stabilize my driveway?

Newly graded dirt driveway needs a layer of gravel or red dogto keep it from going muddy on lower section.  Location is along one side of the house and a length of legal easement.I am a senior and a partner in a woman's business. This driveway accesses the business as well. Are there grants to stabilize my driveway?

2017-01-24 15:38:50 -0700 answered a question How do I find seed grants for a youth center?

Here are a couple of suggestions:

- Do an internet search of community development grants available for your city/county/state. Often the states have block grants that let them support this kind of activity.

- Check out this article about grants for nonprofits. It will give you some good tips about how to go about finding government as well as private and foundation grants.

- Take a look at the tomsofmaine website and their program called "50 states for good." They support programs that "do good in their communities" and in 2015 they provided $20,000 to grassrotts nonprofits in each state in the U.S. Their 2016 program isn't until the fall but that gives you plenty of time to put together an application. Online nominations will probably be open in the summer.

2016-11-16 15:30:18 -0700 answered a question can I get a grant for christmas money

So sorry for your situation. You might contact the National Autism Association to find a local chapter in your area and see if they have any ideas or suggestions. Contact the Salvation Army in your area and see what they might offer .... See if there's some sort of helpline at your local newspaper and share your story, perhaps they'd write it up in a holiday related article and readers could donate. Lastly, try using a "crowdfunding" website to see if you can tell your story and get donations. Definitely see the article Free Money  2015 to see a description of the top platforms online for people to share their situation and see if others will help out. Your situation could be perfect for that, especially during the holidays.



Also, there is an excellent website for the disabled and those who care for them. It's updated daily and is pretty good at guiding you to resources, including those in your own zip code. Take a look at this guide to using

2016-10-25 15:45:31 -0700 answered a question Can I get help with my power bill?

The first thing I would recommend you to is to contact your utility. Explain your situation and see if they can put you on some sort of special plan --- most utilities have ways they help folks having trouble with their bill.

To figure out how to get more money in your life to handle your obligations take a look at this article about Grants to Pay Bills. There aren't actual "grants" for this purpose but they offer some good suggestions for getting help and more income.

2016-10-24 14:43:46 -0700 received badge  Editor (source)
2016-10-24 14:43:46 -0700 edited question Can I get help with my power bill?

How can i get help for power bill? I am disabled and live on a fixed income. I have had to put my mother in a nursing home. Can I get help with my power bill?

2015-02-18 15:19:17 -0700 received badge  Teacher (source)
2015-01-08 16:52:39 -0700 answered a question Are there any grants for home repairs?

There are some grants for home repair but it depends on where you live and what the repairs are for. Often the assistance you will find is in the form of a loan rather than a grant.

Since you are a senior, you may be able to benefit from an organization called "Rebuilding Together." They are a nonprofit that helps low-income homeowners -- particularly seniors -- by providing free, critical home repairs as well as changes needed for access purposes and upgrades to more efficient appliances. Do an internet search for Rebuilding Together and the name of your county or state to find one near you.

You should also check with your local housing agency as they provide free counseling on lots of topics and might be able to help you directly or refer you to someone who can help. Hope this helps!

2014-11-24 10:12:59 -0700 answered a question How can I read the views ?

Hi Connie, your question along with 4 answers is at:

"Views" refers to the number of people that looked at your question. Currently, 22 people looked at your question.

2014-10-22 13:54:25 -0700 received badge  Taxonomist
2014-09-01 17:33:12 -0700 asked a question Are there any grants for a disabled woman to buy a home?

I am a disabled woman in my 50's, from Minnesota, and need to move. I was wondering if there are any grants available to help me buy a home.