USA Grants Banner

Can I get help with money for a place to live?

asked 2016-05-01 21:53:37 -0800

Kristina gravatar image

updated 2016-05-02 20:37:50 -0800

Ashley gravatar image

I'm 21 years old. I have no job and am living on the streets. I am 8 months pregnant. I can't lose my child. I need help. I don't know what to do. I tried getting a job but I was unable to get hired due to my pregnancy. Can I get help with money for a place to live?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-05-03 13:55:25 -0800

Ashley gravatar image

My heart goes out to you Kristina. A few suggestions:

-I don't know where you live but wherever you are look for organizataions such as the Salvation Army, Catholic Charities or City Team Ministries. They provide a lot of support and might be able to help you.  

- The City Team organization in San Jose, CA runs Heritage House, a place for homeless, poor or abandoned women who are pregnant and have nowhere else to turn and are on the streets. Even if you're not in the San Jose area you could talk to someone there and see if there is a similar organization near you or if there is any way they might be able to help you. Their phone number is 408-294-1238 and their email address is It's worth a try.

- Look up churches in your area and pick out a few that look particularly open and welcoming. Show up in person. Even if they can't offer direct help they should be well aware of and connected with agecies in your area that could offer assistance. 

edit flag offensive delete link more