USA Grants Banner

I am trying to find a grant to help my city restore our historic pool house.

asked 2019-06-02 12:38:26 -0800

pool2019 gravatar image

updated 2019-06-03 14:34:05 -0800

Timone gravatar image

My city has a wonderful pool that was built by the Works Progress Administration during the depression years (1935-1937) We open it each year and have it open all summer.  We need to work on the historic pool house that was built along side it.  We use it but it needs some TLC.  It is structurally sound but needs cosmetic repair.  Our original pump system is still functional as well but also needs some updating.  We are looking for a grant to preserve this part of our city and state history.  If you can point me in the direction of possible funding, I would greatly appreciate it. I am trying to find a grant to help my city restore our historic pool house.

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

2 answers

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2019-06-14 09:09:26 -0800

Timone gravatar image

I'm happy to say that there are a number of resources out there that may be able to help you. This article about Grants for Historic Buildings is a good place to start. It provides information about possible help from government as well as private resources.

Another place you should look is on the website of your state. States often have money for grants for profject such as yours. They are interested in preserving the history of the state as well as wanting to provide strong community service, and it sounds like your pool does that!

edit flag offensive delete link more