USA Grants Banner

Are there grants for healing from abuse?

asked 2019-04-05 13:30:58 -0800

cindyk56 gravatar image

updated 2019-04-08 19:58:22 -0800

Emily gravatar image

I lost my home in a fire and was bullied at a meal site.  I was tripped waiting for a bus and injured my back. I suffer from PSTD and am on SSDI. I need help paying for the counseling sessions so I can heal. I need help paying for repaving my drive way -- badly cracked with potholes. I have some minor repairs to make: porch railing, ceiling cracks and installation of a ceiling fan. Are there grants for healing from abuse?



edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

2 answers

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2019-04-23 08:15:22 -0800

Emily gravatar image

Often your own state's web site is a good place to start to look for assistance. Many states offer services specifically for survivors of abuse. Check you state website and also contact your local housin authority. They provide counseling and support at no charge.You might also want to contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE to get some advice about what resources are available where you live.

You should also take a look at this article about Money for a Car -- it could help you find a charitable organization that helps those in need of a car. You can find additional information about hel in various areas in the article I Need Help.





edit flag offensive delete link more