USA Grants Banner

Where can a homeless, disabled person apply for a grant for a home and a vehicle?

asked 2016-01-28 17:56:09 -0700

Needhelp79 gravatar image

updated 2016-01-31 16:55:40 -0700

Nancy gravatar image

I am a 36 year old female, disabled and homeless. I have been jerked around by housing in ND 3 times in the last few years. I only get $15 in food stamps. What types of grants can I apply for in order to get a home and possibly a vehicle? Also, where can I apply for these grants and/or how do I apply?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-01-31 17:02:22 -0700

Daniel gravatar image

Well the short answer is that you can't. You may be able to find some federal or state assistance, but that is different from grants. Grants are provided for very specific purposes that relate to the goals of the grantmaker. Sometimes the government provides financial support based on your income and health needs. I would recommend that you take some time to complete the lengthy questionnair on the government's benefit site -- there is a review of here and it will tell you what you qualify for and how to go about applying. A vehicle is not at all likely to be included. You could check out this article about finding money for a car for that purpose.

edit flag offensive delete link more

Your Answer

Please start posting anonymously - your entry will be published after you log in or create a new account.

Add Answer