USA Grants Banner

I am an unpaid family caregiver in need of money

asked 2016-01-05 08:16:03 -0700

rdhdan gravatar image

updated 2016-01-08 16:34:17 -0700

Tim gravatar image

I have been unemployed since November of 2010 due to taking care of my mother who has Alzheimers and Dementia. For part of that time I was taking care of my father but he passed away in December of 2011. I am 60 years old and have no income. Due to taking care of my mother 24/7 I'm unable to work. I don't have a home and I have been taking care of my mother in her home. I was not prepared for this and I need an income. However I'm not able to leave her alone. Are there any grants I qualify for?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2016-01-07 14:20:35 -0700

Mark gravatar image

updated 2016-01-08 16:34:28 -0700

Webmaster gravatar image

In fact there is a National Family Caregiver Support Program that makes it possible for some caregivers to be paid. You have to qualify based on the income of the person being cared for -- and it sounds like that won't be difficult in your situation. Take a look at the Financial Aid for Family Caregivers section in this guide to the government website about support for the disabled and their caregivers. It will describe the program and point you to how you can find out about what aid may be provided in your state (there is no national standard, all benefits in this area are determined by each state.

edit flag offensive delete link more


Thank you Mark, I will check it out!! :)

rdhdan ( 2016-01-07 16:01:22 -0700 )edit

Your Answer

Please start posting anonymously - your entry will be published after you log in or create a new account.

Add Answer