USA Grants Banner

Are there grants to to get into an apartment or home?

asked 2017-10-07 11:19:13 -0800

Tking11915 gravatar image

updated 2017-10-09 21:25:20 -0800

Cynthia gravatar image

My significant other and I have found ourselves homeless; being told we have been kicked out of the room we were in shortly after covering the whole house rent for the month and being told I was being abusive and accused of other falsehoods. We now need help finding a stable home to have our children and piece things back together. Starting over is hard, as most know, especially when robbed like this. What do we do? We are quickly running out of the few dollars we had left and staying with friends and family isn't a solution.  Please help. Are there grants to to get into an apartment or home?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2017-10-11 14:19:27 -0800

Cynthia gravatar image

I would recommend that you take a look at this article about grants for housing. They cover a wide variety of situations and one offers advice regarding evictions, which sounds like what has happened to you. Take a look at Grants for Housing.  If you strike out there you might try the Salvation Army -- they can often help out in urgent situations like yours, especially if there are children involved.

edit flag offensive delete link more