USA Grants Banner

Are there free grants for seniors to do home repairs in CT?

asked 2017-06-14 14:04:44 -0800

jcamp gravatar image

updated 2017-06-19 20:53:45 -0800

Daniel gravatar image

We are 65 and 71 and we need to do repairs on this house. We also need to pay back taxes since how can you pay such high taxes in CT? We are both on SS we want to fix this house up and sell it and move to something smaller in a state that is warmer and doesn't rape you on taxes. We are also behind on medical bills. Thank you or whoever. Are there free grants for seniors to do home repairs in CT?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2017-06-19 15:26:19 -0800

Maurice gravatar image

Most states have assistance programs for the elderly, sometimes referred to as programs for "nursing home diversion" and others are assistance offered through Medicaid.  You might qualify based on your income... Find out by contacting your nearest Housing Authority or call the Area Aging Agency at 800-677-1116.

You should also check your state's website and search grants, specifically for the elderly and home repair.

edit flag offensive delete link more