USA Grants Banner

Is there help in Missouri for amputee home modification?

asked 2017-05-22 13:19:35 -0800

Pamela Anderson gravatar image

updated 2017-05-22 21:39:20 -0800

Patricia gravatar image

I am an amputee that is needing help with closet, flooring, kitchen renovation.  I work from my home but do not make enough money to make my home handicapped accessible.  My amputee is above the knee and my husband left one year after the amputation because he didn't want to take care of me any more.  I am not good at asking for help since I grew up with seven inches shorter than the other.  I became extremely independent.  Help if you can.  Leg lost after 30 surgeries to lengthen it . . . five years . . . three years of antibiotics to keep it . . . and then infection of surgery to fuse it.  Above the knee.  I live in Springfield Missouri. Is there help in Missouri for amputee home modification?

edit retag flag offensive close merge delete

1 answer

Sort by » oldest newest most voted

answered 2017-05-23 15:32:28 -0800

Patricia gravatar image

I have not been able to find any grants or aid speciic to your disability in the state of Missouri. Depending on your income, you may be able to qualify for a grant from the Department of Agriculture. Take a look at these articles about Disability Grants  and Home Improvement Grants to see if that might be the case. 

You should also contact the nearest office of Habitat for Humanity to see if they have any repair programs in your area. They have partnered with Home Depot to provide some free repairs to the elderly and those in need.

edit flag offensive delete link more